Veg Manchow Soup using no Oil
Zero Oil Recipe of homemade Veg Manchow Soup
Manchow soup is a soup popular in Indian Chinese cuisine due to its ease of preparation and hot spicy taste. It is available in large restaurants and street food carts alike. Although the soup is named after Manchuria it does not resemble any that is normally found in the cuisines of the region. The origin of Manchow soup is Meghalaya.
Vegetable manchow soup is a delightful Indo-Chinese thick soup which gets an extra bit of crunch with a garnish of deep-fried crispy noodles. A mix of finely chopped nutritious veggies sauteed along with Chinese sauces, cooked in flavourful vegetable stock and thickened with corn flour. The dark brown aromatic broth studded with colourful veggies – makes your mouth water as soon as it hits the table.
A bowl of Manchow Soup (350gms) contains 215 Cal :
1/4 cup finely chopped cabbage
1/4 cup finely chopped capsicum
1/4 cup finely chopped carrot
1/4 cup chopped mushrooms
1/4 cup chopped french beans
2-3 grated garlic cloves
1 inch grated ginger
4 cups water
2 spoon soya sauce
1 spoon tomato ketchup
1 spoon green chilly sauce
2 spoon cornstarch or cornflour
2 spoons of chopped green onion or celery
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a pot add 4 cups of water and bring it to boil
2. Add ginger, garlic and other vegetables.
3. In a cup add the sauces, salt, pepper and cornstarch.
4. Add couple of spoons of water to make a thick mixture.
5. Add the mixture to the boiling soup.
6. Garnish with chopped green onion and serve hot with some crispy noodles on side.
RELATED ARTICLES :