Traditional Sambhar with No Oil
Zero Oil Sambhar Recipe
Sambhar is a traditional recipe of South India, a subcontinent located on the South of India. The recipe is a combination of Tuar/ Toor Dal mixed with vegetable and seasoned with sambhar masala. The important ingredient of the Sambhar is the Sambhar masala, which is a blend of Indian spices grinded to fine powder called Sambhar Masala. Sambhar has low carbs and low fats.
One Serving (150gms or one katori) of Sambhar contains :
Thus, making it an delicious alternative for weight watchers as well.
Sambhar compliments well with Idli, Medu wada, Dosa, Appam and Uttapam.
Here, presenting you the Zero Oil version of this recipe.
1 katori Tuar Dal Washed
1 large onion chopped finely
1 large tomato chopped finely
50gms carrot peeled and diced
50gms bottle guard or pumpkin peeled and diced
50gms cauliflower florets
15-20 curry leaves
1tsp mustard seeds
2tbsp sambhar masala
1tsp red chilly powder
2tbsp tamarind paste
salt to taste
1. In a pressure cooker add toor dal, with all diced veggies and spices.
2. Add salt to taste and enough water to cover daal and veggies.
3. Take a whistle on high flame and 3 whistles on low flame. Let the pressure drop.
4. Open the lid and mash the daal a little. Add more water to reach the desired consistency.
5. Add the tamarind paste and mix well.
RELATED ARTICLES :