Guilt Free Quinoa-Broccoli Salad using no Oil
Zero Oil Recipe of Healthy Quinoa-Broccoli Salad
Quinoa (pronounced as kinwa or kinuwa) belongs to the flowering plant family of Amaranth. It is grown as grain crop primarily for its edible seeds, and thats why is called as a pseudocereal. Generally the seeds are cooked same way as rice. When cooked, the nutrient composition is comparable to common cereals, supplying a moderate amount of dietary fiber and minerals.In a 100 g (3.5 oz) serving, cooked quinoa provides 120 calories and is an excellent source of manganese and phosphorus. Quinoa is gluten-free and considered easy to digest.
This power packed meal is composed of Cooked quinoa, along with spinach which is high in iron, almonds and goat cheese are good source protein, broccoli and strawberry have high Vitamin C. Thus, making this dish apt for your daily suppliment.
1 cup washed and chopped spinach
1/2 cup Quinoa
8-10 Almonds roasted and sliced
1 cup Broccoli florets
1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese or paneer
salt to taste
For Dressing ::
2 Spoon Mustard sauce
1 spoon honey
1 spoon vinegar or lemon juice
salt and pepper
1. Wash Quinoa in water to remove the bitterness and then Cook Quinoa with 1 cup water and pinch of salt in a pot.
2. Once quinoa has absorbed all the water switch off the flame and let it stand covered for 5-10 mins. Then open the lid and fluff the quinoa using a fork
3. Add chopped spinach, chopped strawberries, broccoli, almonds, quinoa and cheese to a mixing bowl and toss the salad.
4. In another cup mix the ingredients for dressing. Add a spoon of water and mix well.
5. Add the dressing to the salad and mix well.
6. Serve with Ice Tea or Juice of your choice.
RELATED ARTICLES :